BYC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, only those fields marked with a * are required, other fields are optional.
· you can select what personal profile information you wish to share with other members by editing your profile and selecting the option 'Privacy'. You may selectively decide not to share individual bits of information or not share your entire profile.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
What we collect
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, address, phone number and other information relevant to the operation of BYCs events, services and programs. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· Storing and editing member information in a database for internal use.
· Creating, renewing, upgrading and downgrading memberships.
· Communicating with members by email, social media, telephone or post.
· We may use the information to improve our events, services and programs.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about upcoming events, services and programs or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for service evaluation purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
· You may opt out of some or all mail subscriptions at any time including:
· Email Blasts (newsletters, emails from administrators or other important emails)
· Event Announcements (advance announcements about upcoming events)
· Workflow emails (membership renewals, event registration confirmations, etc.).
· Internal record keeping.
· Storing and editing non-member information in a database for internal use.
· We may periodically send emails about upcoming events or programs to which you have registered or, if you subscribed to our mailing list, other promotional information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· We may call you if you have registered for an event and there has been a significant change made, such as the event being canceled, at the last moment.
· You may opt out of email subscriptions at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.